Well.. First of all I must say that I don;t know how legal all this is… On the other hand I do have all the licenses, but my extension supplier (InterAkt) has been taken over by Adobe and don’t provide support on the extensions anymore.
I really learnt to love them, I cannot do without them.
So here’s how it works:
- Create a directory-structure where you are going to store all the files to be transferred. For example
- D:\DW8Transfer\Program Files\
- D:\DW8Transfer\Program Files\Common Files\
- D:\DW8Transfer\windows\profiles\All Users\
- start regedit and export the key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Macromedia
- Save the file as D:\DW8Transfer\macromedia.reg
- Copy the folder Macromedia from C:\Program Files\ to D:\DW8Transfer\Program Files\
- Copy the folder Macromed from C:\Windows\System32\ to D:\DW8Transfer\windows\system32\ (yes Macromed and not Macromedia)
- Copy the folder Macromedia from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ to D:\DW8Transfer\windows\profiles\All Users\
- Copy the folder Macromedia from C:\Program Files\Common Files\ to D:\DW8Transfer\Program Files\Common Files\
- Copy the contents of the D:\DW8Transfer\ folder into the C:\ drive of your new machine. All stuff should get copied into the correct folders on the target filesystem.
- Import the reg file on the target machine.
You should be able to run Dreamweaver now.